Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Dragon's Lair


Dragon's Lair!

If you didn't play this in a video arcade then you haven't really lived. I don't know how many quarters I fed this game but I know it was a lot. I'm sure my parents were giving me odd looks when I was ask for more quarters to play it.

Kids and younger adults today probably look at it and think "What's all the fuss about? The scenes are too short, there are only 5 options for the character to use and it isn't even 3D!" Well these people can go suck a dragon egg. This game was and still is awesome! At a time when all video games used sprites to represent the characters and 3D was done with red and blue lenses this game was a break through. It was a cartoon you could actually play!

Of course when this game came out cartoons weren't as accessible as they are now. If you slept in on Saturday morning you missed your weekly allotment of cartoons. If you were lucky, your parents had cable, you got home from school on time and nobody made you do your homework right away you might have been able to catch Tom & Jerry on TBS during the week.

The princess is waiting. Go save her!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHXrrSukbp4


No comments:

Post a Comment