Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

This Ain't Sparta

As some of you may know, I'm not in the best of shape physically. We'll discuss mentally at a later time. Ever since my brother died I have wanted to get in better shape and I have been losing weight. I still need something to help me motivate my motivation.

Step one was getting a puppy. Daily walks benefit both he and I.
Step two came from an unexpected source. +Nate DeMontigny made a post on Google + about competing in a Spartan Race and challenging others to do the same. In our discussion on that post he eliminated my objections to taking part in one. I signed up for the race closest to me this year. Mississippi on October 19th.

What will it be like? I don't know.
Do I expect to get my ass handed to me by the course? Yes.
Will I finish? I damn sure better!

The location of October's race hasn't been finalized yet but it is coming.
Care to join me?


http://share.spartanrace.com/x/5HqfF




No comments:

Post a Comment